We went to the church of the Nativity, which is actually 3 churches built over the cave where Jesus was born. I loved this church a lot, and I really felt the spirit there. Once again, I'll have to collect pictures from a lot of people. I love this one because of how filled with light it looks. I love the high arches and ceilings in these churches.
We went shopping, and I bought a nativity and a baby blanket in Bethlehem. How sweet! We also went to dinner in a tent restaurant which was so fun!
The last place we went was the shepherds fields, where we sang songs and had a devotional. It was so spiritual, and I loved watching the stars appear over head.
This pic has Bethlehem in the background, with the sunset. Some A+ photography right there.
The next few days were spent in a school and food poisoning haze. We ate some bad falafel at the center, and almost half the center went down. It was very sad, but also really funny in hindsight.
On Thursday we went on another field trip, this time on a tour of the Jewish quarter. Most of our time was spent looking at 1st century ruins under buildings, which were cool, but I most loved the archaeological park south of the temple mount. We sat on the steps that Jesus ascended to go to the temple. It was profoundly beautiful. We saw the enormous cracked stones from where the Romans threw down the enormous blocks of the temple. It was so, so amazing, and really humbling to think of the temple. I really missed going to the temple after that.
Sabbath day we went to the Garden tomb again, and I really loved sitting and feeling the spirit again. There weren't many people there, so we got to sit in quiet and watch videos and feel the spirit.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.